Black Mushroom and Parmesan Cheese Tart
So there’s this thing about extending lockdowns…
and the emotion it evokes…
and I feel for everyone from the front line straight through to the ones sitting on the green couch at home…
As Forest Gump would say
- “the problem is, sometimes there just aren’t enough rocks to throw…”
Having somewhat of a rock problem in my back yard, and an old squash shoulder… I can still manage to rather feed unsettling emotions with a black mushroom and Parmesan cheese tart for breakfast, than throw rocks.
A tart brightens up even day ‘break’,
and pretty soon after we can easily “OM”mmmmm-chant our way through the news of the day 😊
• Start with puff pastry and bake a disc
• Fry up some mushrooms, and finely sliced shallots or some onion, and a bit of garlic to ensure social distancing
• Add some lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and a drizzle of truffel oil if you have
• Add some chorizo even, if you happen to have that!
• Load mushroom filling, some scoops (1/2 tub) of crème Fraîche (this is key to facilitate emotional feeding) and at least a cup or so of Parmesan shavings
• Spread evenly over the pastry disc, leave a thin pastry edge to grab with your fingers when eating
• Bake until golden